Summer is slipping away, and I have this song on repeat (ohh uh oh those summer niiights). We’ve had a lot going on these past few months, some good things, some sad. Saying farewell to loved ones, planning our future life (after grad school…does it ever end??), getting sick (really, does there need to be a summer flu? It’s going around…), and spending most weekends at the beach. And yes, I misspelled ‘summer’ in the sand. I just can’t spell without auto-correct anymore…
I’ve collected a few of my favorite eats from this summer (I take pics of all my food). These are all from my phone so bare with me…
- Hollywood Bowl has everything from rock concerts to classical ones. Fireworks too! Runs all summer long.
- Some bomb fried squid/calamari from Banana Bay
- Enjoying the Hollywood Bowl with my boy
- Happy face because I’m getting so full on healthy, sustainable, fresh food at True Foods Kitchen – and yeah, no post-food-coma guilt here!
- Newport Beach as seen from the Pier. We rode bikes all the way to the end of Balboa Island on our beach cruisers. Hot sun, cool breeze, swimsuits and sweating. Then we jumped into the ocean that was a cool 70 degrees. #dreamlife
- Ok, this one’s from our quick trip to the mormon motherland = Utah. This here is the Pork Salad from Cafe Rio, I get it every time I visit. But when I need my fix, they have Cafe Rio in So Cal too.
- Mmm Vegan spicy tuna dragon roll from Golden Mean in Santa Monica.
- Family home on the lake in Idaho.
- Trying on everything on the sale rack at Madewell in Old Town Pasadena. I always go shopping by myself, and when I don’t, I usually regret what I buy…isn’t that funny?
- Summer skies….how I love these long days.
- Okay, next time you go to Newport Beach or Balboa Island, you need to stop at this taco place. It’s like street tacos should always be: fresh and cheap. Try the shrimp tacos.
- I wanted to buy this Tommy Bahama – Bahama luggage set soooo badly. AKG was not as enthusiastic with the Bahama print as I was. It is still sitting at Nordstrom Rack, all alone, waiting for me to come back and buy it…