I know the big thing in the blogging world is to tie a knot with your belt around your waist…but sometimes I want a clean, tucked away belt, cinched around my waist. No loose ends!
Ok so I’ve never seen a tutorial about this, but then again I’m pretty new to the blogger-sphere world…
This is something I did a few years ago, when I was tired of have a wagging-loose-end of a belt hanging behind me. I have a few belts with enough holes to fit around my hips/jeans, but since I have wide hips and a small waist, I couldn’t use the belts interchangeably without doing the knot-tie thing. So here’s what I did…
- a belt! preferable genuine leather, but not required
- an “ouchless” elastic hair tie (I use the GOODY brand from Walmart), clear (or black)
- a tack or nail (something sharp & pointy)
- a marker
- Put the belt around the smallest part of your waist.
- Hold the spot where you’d imagine the hole to go through (I left a little extra room for layering!)
- Mark the back with a marker/sharpie (I used a metallic one, it show’s up better on dark colored leather)
- From the backside, press the tack firmly
- Push through to the other side, twisting the pin and expanding the hole
- Force the belt hook through the newly formed hole (it’ll be tight at first, but the more you use it, the looser it’ll get)
- Now for securing that loose belt end! Take your clear elastic hair tie and STRETCH it! You think it’ll break but it won’t. Then put it on the end of your belt.
- Now double it, so that it is tightly secured around your belt end.
- Pull it down, almost all the way to the other end of the belt.
- Secure the loose end by putting it through the elastic!
Hope this was helpful!