A lot of bloggers posted on the First Day of Fall (yesterday), but I wanted to be different. So I’m posting today, September 24th, on the Second Say of Fall. Or, I just happened to realize that it was the second day of Fall as I wrote this post. You decide.
Fall means a few things to me, of which I’ll share with you:
- Dragon Fruit Season. Well these are ripe more like end-of-summer-beginning-of-fall. A friend gave me a few bags of these from her tree, and we’ve been eating them non-stop. Try freezing them for a few hours (no more) and then cutting them in half (see above) and eating with a spoon. Best “ice cream” substitute.
- The Mindy Project. Fox was dumb enough to let go of The Mindy Project, which forced me to sign up for Hulu because there was no way I was missing the fourth season (the end of last season left us on such a cliff hanger!). That show is one of the few that literally makes me LAUGH OUT LOUD. I recently re-watched the pizza-box episode and almost peed my pants.
- Shorter Days. Although not as short as winter days, Fall is the sad, slow transition into days becoming darker sooner and longer. Tears. The only upside to this is…ok I can’t think of any.
- It’s Still Beach Weather. I live in SoCal, so no gorgeous leaves-changing-on-the-trees for me. Although I do enjoy seeing your pictures on insta, if you are lucky enough to live in such a place. I supplement my sadness for the lack of seasons by buying cute bathing suits on sale and lounging at the beach. September is like the hottest month anyway (100 degrees for like the past 3 weeks).
- Gearing up for Holidays…and Weddings! I, like many, adore Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love visiting wintry retreats during this time, and then love coming back to jeans-and-sweatshirt weather where I don’t have to scrape snow off my car, or fear that the sleek, shiny stuff on the pavement (black ice) is going to be the death of me. I am also looking forward to my baby brother’s lightening-speed-engagement wedding in a few short months!
Why do you love Fall?