I really like to buy men’s tees, mostly because they’re way cheaper! This time, I went to Forever 21’s men’s section again, and scooped up this navy blue XL tee shirt for less than $4. It only takes a few stitches in the arms and it’s transformed into a loose-fit girl tee. Also, if you must know, I’m standing in the Costco parking lot (hitting two birds with one stone!).
- With your t-shirt on inside-out, pull tightly around the sleeve so there’s only enough fabric to go around your arm, and place a pin there. Carefully remove shirt.
- Measure your sleeve from the top, down to where you just pinned, and use this measurement to pin the opposite sleeve.
- To create a sort of bat-winged effect (a style I really like) just taper-pin the sleeve from the first pin, down to the armpit.
- Sew a curved stitch along the pins, again from the first pin to the armpit.
- After sewing that curve, you can either do a zig-zag stitch next to it & cut off remaining fabric, or serge off the excess fabric.