We had a blaaaassst in the artsy city of Austin last weekend. Being the capital of Texas, and also home to one of the largest music festivals SXSW, there is lots to see, do, and eat in ATX!
Thanks to the help of some local friends (Thanks Danielle!!) from ATX, here are some fun and yummy things to do and see in Austin, Texas…
What to SEE:
- Mt. Bonnell stairs + lookout (people were dressed in workout clothes but honestly it’s like a 5 min stair walk, nothing I couldn’t handle in my platform Tevas!).
- Mayfield Park to see all the Peacocks and walk around their beautiful nature preserve.
- Town Lake Parks has a nice long walkway next to the river with beautiful views of the city. You can rent a canoe or kayak too!
- Bullock Texas State History Museum
- Walk down South Congress Street for fun shops and good food. Strollers might be tough FYI so consider a baby carrier.
- While on SoCo, be sure and snap a pic in front of the “i love you so much” wall at Jo’s Coffee
- Kayaking Lady Bird Lake with pretty city views!
- Texas State Capitol
- Pennybacker (360) Bridge
- 6th Street
What to EAT:
- Torchy’s Tacos (their queso…!)
- Kerbey Lane (pancakes all day)
- Rudy’s BBQ
- Salt Lick BBQ (but be prepared to drive far out of the city and wait 1hr + at least!)
- Hopdoddy burgers
- Gordough’s donuts (these verryyyyy *extra*)
- Mrs. Johnson’s Bakery donuts
- Sway Thai fusion
- Hula Hut (Tex Mex on the river)
- Tacodeli (breakfast tacos are a thing here in Austin!)